My Aurora Forecast Pro app for iPhone and iPad
6560 ratings )
Current version: 1.8.4
, last update: 1 month ago
First release : 26 Jan 2016
App size: 103.21 Mb
My Aurora Forecast Pro is the best app for seeing the Northern Lights. Built with a sleek dark design, it appeals to both tourists and serious aurora watchers by telling you what you want to know - whether that is exactly how likely you are to see the aurora borealis or details about the solar winds and high-resolution sun imagery. With this app, youll be seeing the Northern Lights in no time.
- Find the current KP index and how likely you are to see the Northern Lights.
- View a list of the best locations to view from right now.
- Map showing how strong the aurora is around the world, based on the SWPC ovation auroral forecast.
- Free push notifications when auroral activity is expected to be high.
- Forecasts for the next hour, several hours and several weeks so you can plan your Northern Lights viewing long in advance (subject to weather conditions).
- Solar wind statistics and sun imagery.
- Tour information so if youre considering to go to locations such as Iceland, Sweden, Finland or even Alaska or Canada, youll be able to find tours that we can recommend to you.
- Support for iPhone X and iPad Pro (including split view).
- Apple Watch and tvOS support so you can check the aurora on all of your devices!
If you want the latest updates on geomagnetic activity and enjoy viewing the aurora borealis, this app is right for you. It is similar to other apps such as Aurora Forecast., AuroraWatch UK and Aurorasaurus.
Pros and cons of My Aurora Forecast Pro app for iPhone and iPad
My Aurora Forecast Pro app good for
Amazing app with a nice professional design, suited for both casual aurora spotters and more advanced users, with the amount of data accessible but not necessary for use. Best app among all the ones Ive tried to use.
Pretty helpful information about the autora borealis/australis if you are looking for it in the respective regions. Has a notification system when chances are moderate or up. Just didnt find any alarm option once the chance are more than a certain percentage. That would be nice.
Some bad moments
As a shortwave/mediumwave DXer, I find the K index a great indicator of when solar conditions are likely to provide interesting opportunities to hear stations I don’t often hear. The K index changes rapidly, providing a real-time indication of conditions. So I’m always looking for ways to keep on top of the changes. This app is the best I’ve found, and offers a beautiful rendition of the information. I also appreciate that it provides an Apple Watch app, allowing me to check the K index in a Glimpse. And Jake is very responsive to suggestions. I look forward to seeing what improvements he comes up with.
I love that it sends me a notification when an aurora might be visible near me!
aurora borealis forecast & northern lights alerts,
northern lights alerts,
my weather app,
my aurora forecast - northern lights & borealis,
northern lights forecast & aurora borealis alerts,
my aurora forecast pro - northern lights alerts,
northern lights alert,
and other. So, download free My Aurora Forecast Pro .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually My Aurora Forecast Pro iOS app used & searched for